MEMBERSHIP IN THE AMERICAN LEGION
If you have served Federal Active Duty in the United States Armed Forces during any of the war eras listed below and have been discharged honorably, or are still serving, you are eligible for membership in The American Legion.
- *AUGUST 2, 1990 TO TODAY (PERSIAN GULF/ WAR ON TERRORISM)
- DECEMBER 20, 1989 TO JANUARY 31, 1990 (OPERATION JUST CAUSE – PANAMA)
- AUGUST 24, 1982 TO JULY 31, 1984 (LEBANON/GRENADA)
- FEBRUARY 28, 1961 TO MAY 7, 1975 (VIETNAM)
- JUNE 25, 1950 TO JANUARY 31, 1955 (KOREA)
- DECEMBER 7, 1941 TO DECEMBER 31, 1946 (WORLD WAR II)
- APRIL 6, 1917 TO NOVEMBER 11, 1918 (WORLD WAR I)*Because eligibility dates remain open, all current members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
- U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).